ASW Steel Inc. operates a dynamic and versatile facility and has a long and storied history in the steel-making business, with roots in Welland dating back to 1918. Recent upgrades to equipment combined with improvements in efficiency and production flexibility have placed us among the premier specialty steel producers in North America. However, the fundamental component to our success is our people. The expertise, commitment and adaptability of our team are our most valuable assets and will be critical to the achievement of our future objectives.
Reporting to the President, the Financial Controller is responsible for the following:
- Leads the financial function and provides accurate and timely reporting of results
- Develops appropriate reporting tools for improved assessment of business performance and preparation of annual business plans and budgets
- Manages monthly financial closing and the provision of all related financial reporting to stakeholders in accordance with GAPP.
- Forecasting and managing cash flow and compliance with loan covenants
- Seeks out and seizes opportunities for cost reduction through process, policy and practice initiatives and the development and implementation of procedures required to improve internal controls, increase operating efficiency or further safeguard the assets of the company
- Advises senior management and guides financial decision-making
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and regulatory requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley, tax and government filings and pension-related requirements
- Interfaces with senior operational management to align on strategic direction and ensures reflection of directives in the forecasts and business plans
- Manages inventory control and procurement activities and develops policies and procedures to ensure consistent effectiveness of inventory control and procurement processes.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- CMA designation
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience including inventory management, costing, budgeting and financial reporting, preferably in an industrial setting
- Superior analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills and the proven ability to develop and implement plans, procedures and processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to determine the best financial approach, maintain budget controls and advise management
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully convey financial information in an easily understood manner
- A strong willingness to work in a fast-paced, lean environment where adaptability, innovation and hard work are valued above all else
Indeed - 20 months ago
- 7 days ago
Teddington Park Associates
- 22 days ago
- 15 hours ago
ASW Steel Inc. operates a dynamic and versatile facility and has a long and storied history in the steel-making business, with roots in...