Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity? Helical Pier Systems is seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team in Edmonton.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you! You'll be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, a work environment where feeling valued and respected is an expectation, career advancement opportunities and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Field Service Technician’s main responsibility is to diagnose and complete repairs on all company heavy equipment (Excavators, Digger Derrick Booms, Skid Steer, Drive Heads, and Loaders). This is a field position working shifts 7/7 or 14/14 (subject to change) and frequent travel throughout Alberta is required. You will receive an excellent wage and a new service truck will be provided.
The Field Service Technician will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components.
You bring the following:
- Work well with others;
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment;
- Hydraulic and Caterpillar experience a must;
- Ability to follow direction, remain alert, and maintain a high level of concentration;
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly;
- Knowledge of, or training in, WHMIS, OSSA is considered an asset;
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Conditions of employment include:
- High School Diploma
- Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification (inter-provincial seal preferred).
- Class 5 driver’s license; Class 1 license preferred and reliable transportation.
- Experience with hydraulics; excavator, boom truck, skid steer.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Cummings engines; Peterbuilt and Kenworth trucks.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing a variety of CAT equipment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Must pass a 50lb physical fitness test and a drug & alcohol test.
Our Company offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, equipment design and creation for foundation systems within residential, commercial, oil & gas, utility and industrial markets.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.