About Aviva Canada
Aviva Canada is one of the leading Property and Casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, automobile, recreational vehicle, group and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the world's sixth-largest insurance group, the company has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada and its employees invest in positive change including through the Aviva Community Fund and Eva's Initiatives, its partner in Aviva's global Street to School program to help homeless and other at-risk youth reach their potential.
For more information visit AvivaCanada.com, our blog or our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
We are seeking a Field Service Representative for our Claims business in the Calgary region.
· To provide a service to assist enrolled Developers/Builders and Property Owners in resolving Construction Warranty claims presented by Homeowners in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Warranty Insurance contracts, Governing Provincial Regulations and Builders Agreement contracts.
· To undertake on-site claims investigations on more complex claims matters.
· Adjustment of Building Warranty claims through verification of policy coverage, damages and assessment of liability. Work with Builder and Property Owners to ensure resolution of a claim to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
· Maintenance of claim financial records through the process of recording of claims, maintenance of adequate reserves, prompt payment, insuring identification of possible recovery opportunities and accurate closing of claims.
· Provision of vital claim information to Underwriting partners through the communication of adverse risk information.
· Underwriting/Business Development – liaison between Builder/Developer customers and Underwriting partners on claims issues that may impact overall business relationships and future enrolments.
· Technical Advisors – to work with our internal tech advisors to assess and determine appropriate coverage under the Limited Home Warranty policy in accordance with the Industry Standards and Governing Constructions Guidelines.
· Builder/Developer –to provide support and assistance to Builders and Developers via Builders Agreement contract to resolve Warranty claims issues with the Property Owners.
· Homeowners – to support and provide assistance to Property Owners per the conditions and stipulations of the Limited Home Warranty Insurance policy and Provincial Governing bodies by acting as mediator and advisor on claims issues and disputes between enrolled Builders and registered Homeowners.
· Contractors – to enlist external contractors to scope, estimate and facilitate repairs on qualified Warranty defects by assessing and authorizing repair bids ensuring the most equitable and economical method of repairs.
· External Technical Experts – to enlist and obtain budgets from technical experts such as engineers, consultants , legal counsel to assist in assessing, quantifying and investigating on more
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
·Preferred 5-10 years Warranty Property Claims experience.
·General knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
·Excellent customer service and human relations skills.
·Good investigation and negotiations skills.
·Excellent oral and written communications skills.
·College or post secondary degree