Helical Pier Systems Ltd. (HPS), North America’s largest engineering, manufacturer, and installer of helical piles, since 1977, has an immediate position available in our Sherwood Park office for a Field QA/QC Document Control.
If you are energetic and excited to work as part of a team, focused on providing exceptional customer service, completing each job to the highest standards and want to contribute your skills and experience within a growing and dynamic industry, then we want to hear from you.
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager and/or Field Coordinator, the Field QA/QC Document Control Assistant will be primarily responsible for coordinating the quality control & field quality verification of the projects. Under the direction of the Project Manager or Field Coordinator the Field QA/QC Document Control Assistant main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to assist the project field staff & Project Manager to ensure compliance with the client, industry and internal Process and quality requirements.
- Ensure that all project quality control documents such as project quality plans, inspection and test plans (ITP), construction and commissioning binders, field QA/QC documents, Subcontractors QA/QC documents are in place, implemented, monitored and results are recorded in a timely and organized fashioned.
- Facilitate material receiving inspection at site when required and initiate for resolving issues, internal audits and customer audits.
- Ensure that all site quality records are updated and available when required.
- Coordinate as required the inspection and testing to be made on site as per the approved ITP's.
- Work in collaboration with the Subcontractors, Client, Project Manager, Field Coordinator and third party testing laboratory & witnessing inspection & acceptance test throughout project construction & commissioning cycle.
- Ensure proper calibration of measuring and testing equipment used for Quality Control activities.
- Ensure that marked up drawings are submitted within 20 days after completion of the activity.
- Provide a regular update to the Project Manager and Field Coordinator on the progress of Quality activities.
- Follow all document control and QAQC procedures and policies.
- Two to three years of field experience as a Field QA/QC Document Control Assistant
- Preferably have quality auditing, inspection and EPC construction experience.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required;
- Strong teamwork ethics.
- Experience in International and CSA Standards.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced working environment on multiple projects;
- Attention to detail is strongly required;
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must pass a 50lb Fitness Test and a Drug & Alcohol Test.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation and a clean Driver’s Abstract for the past three years.
- Must be willing to work extensively in the field and work out of town on a rotation.
As proven leader in the piling industry, HPS is committed to providing custom engineered helical piling solutions that meet the needs of our clients over a diverse range of industries from residential, commercial, power transmission and telecommunication, oil & gas, provincial and municipal government agencies.
We thank all interested candidates who apply and show interest in our organization, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Helical Pier Systems Ltd. (HPS) offers engineering, manufacturing, installation, distribution and equipment design and creation for helical...