- Directs all operations of the store to meet sales targets and control expenses while maintaining customer service standards
- Hires, orientates, trains, evaluations, recognizes, disciplines and terminates in concert with the Territorial policies and procedures
- Actively recruit volunteers from Corps and community, ensuring that job descriptions, responsibilities, and training are in place along with the establishment and monitoring of established goals
- Plans store layout to attract customers including window displays and merchandise displays, decides on in-store promotions and auctions and keeps abreast of marketing trends by checking competitors stock, ensures attractiveness of the store through ‘Tidy Maintenance’
- Determines and maintains appropriate inventory levels based on spot checks of the store and reviewing weekly sales records
- Maintains control of inventory by ensuring store donations are retrieved, sorted, and priced appropriately; protects the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring
- Manages health and safety for staff, volunteers and customers
- Establishes and manages in-store budget within guidelines; executes budgetary objectives by attaining sales margins, maintaining staffing cost ratios, and profit objectives,
- Analyses store financial statements and strategize appropriate action to attain financial goals, monitoring the cost of goods
- Participate in management meetings as required to ensure consistent profitability by maintaining high standards in sales, merchandising, marketing, floor displays store promotion, customer service, public relations, and improvement to outreach and ministry.
- Works with other Salvation Army units to deliver emergency and disaster services as assigned by the Corps Officer
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year prior related experience, including retail, marketing, and store management experience. A background in fashion is an asset
- Completion of high school (An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable)
- Previous experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License is required and a current clean drivers abstract
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment
- Provide an original copy of a Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector screening secured through either the national Canadian Police Information Centre or through a local police detachment. A satisfactory criminal background check is required.
- Screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry
- Support for and commitment to the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada
Additional Information: This position is considered a management position for the purposes of the Employment Standards Act of Ontario and as such is not covered by various ESA rules, including but not limited to those related to hours of work, daily and weekly rest periods, and overtime compensation. Salary is based on average minimum weekly hours of 40 per week and hours worked are compensation through the annual salary amount.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Interested applicants are asked to contact the Business Manager by 4:00 p.m. Monday, May 13, 2013
816 Centennial Drive
Kingston, ON K7M 0A4
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Indeed - 21 months ago