Law Clerk Position Available Immediately
Nachla Law Office is a growing, professional and friendly General Practice Firm with offices in Oakville and West Mississauga with an excellent reputation. We require a part-time and full-time Law Clerk with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Family Law. We value work/life balance.
We have four (4) Family Law Lawyers, a Paralegal, and support staff. We work as a team and share the responsibilities of managing the schedule and deadlines, invoicing filing, and communications with new and existing clients via telephone and/or email.
You will have extensive client contact in sensitive matters that require empathy and tact. The position requires an enthusiastic, thorough, organized and detail oriented individual who has a strong commitment to excellence.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Preparing legal documents and written correspondence;
- Monitoring and setting up reminders of deadlines and calendar management/scheduling;
- Maintaining frequent contact with clients and initiate follow-up required;
- Organize and maintain client files and court records;
- Perform clerical, administrative and general office duties, including answering the phones part of each day;
- Organize and expedite flow of work;
- Perform duties with respect to opening and closing files, docketing, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years Family Law experience;
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk Diploma recognized by the ILCO is an asset;
- Must have good research and drafting skills for litigation matters and correspondence;
- Must be able to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines;
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Technical skills (including MS Office, DivorceMate and PC Law);
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients and lawyers;
- Must be detailed- oriented and have ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of the Family Law Rules, forms and Court Procedures;
- Must be able to work as a team and independently with minimal supervision; and
- Must enjoy the adrenaline rush of a fast-paced schedule
Compensation depending on experience.
Please email your cover letter, resume and any references.
We thank all Applicants but only those selected will be contacted.