Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft, and helicopters. Our excellent reputation relative to its highly qualified personnel (10,000 employees worldwide), its overall engine reliability and exceptional aftermarket support network brings a clientele from all over the world (over 190 countries).
P&WC's IT organization is committed to providing best in class IT solutions to enable profitable growth. We will strive for operational excellence through seamless integration across business processes, facilitate collaboration and innovation, and enhance customer satisfaction.
If you share the same passion for excellence, quality and performance, we invite you to apply for the position of…
EXPORT COMPLIANCE MANAGER – IT
This position will be based in Longueuil and reporting to the VP of IT with dotted line reporting to the Director of Legal Services Export Compliance (LSEC).
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and drive P&WC’s export compliance IT strategy. Ensure that export control requirements processes are embedded in all automated business processes.
- Liaise with UTC counterparts in determining IT strategy and implementation of corporate export compliance IT solutions.
- Effectively communicate IT strategy including compliance requirements and proposed solutions to IT and non-IT audiences.
- Support the IT department in developing and implementing export compliant IT business processes, including communication of legal requirements and interpretations and resolution of questions and issues.
- Coordinate and validate compliance self assessments and corrective actions.
- Identify and communicate to LSEC opportunities for the development of centralized P&WC compliance processes, tools, and standard work.
- Responsible for assessing the export compliance and security model for new sites and integrating these new sites;
- Oversight of processes for vetting the assignment of remote access and elevated rights to employees and third-party employees;
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor degree with 10 years experience or a Masters with 7 years experience;
- Experience in managing IT security policies and processes;
- Experience in export controls particularly:
oThe U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) & the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR) – advantageous if experience is in a non-U.S. environment,
oCanada’s Export Controls, and
oCanada’s Controlled Goods Regulations.
- A Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) designation or equivalent education or training. Well versed in applications security, internet & network, remote access, administration of elevated rights. Understanding of the security models of major IT platforms such as SAP, Enovia, Documentum, and SharePoint;
- Excellent communicator and change agent, you have distinguished yourself by your strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic leader and team player, your business acumen, your adaptability and your perseverance allowed you to facilitate the implementation of solutions while building engagement;
- You demonstrate a solid business judgment, strong ability in project management and are comfortable in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment;
- Bilingual (English and French), with strong written, verbal and communication skills;
- Occasional travel to company sites (US and international)
Pratt & Whitney (www.pratt-whitney.com) is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and general...