FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop path breaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant responsible for providing exceptional administrative and secretarial support to the Vice President, Forest Operations & Wood Products. The successful candidate will promote a strong professional image of the Vice President’s office and the Organization. In addition, the incumbent will act as a liaison and communications link between the President, Executive Vice President, CFO, Vice-President, Managers and other Staff.
- Organizes and maximizes the VP’s time, maintaining a current agenda, scheduling and rescheduling appointments, arranging physical requirements and/or other logistical needs, such as travel arrangements. He/she ensures that the VP is reminded of appointments, trips and meetings, ensures that related briefs and other documents are prepared for various meetings and appointments.
- Conducts, advises and acts in the name of the VP on all relevant questions pertaining to the administrative and business activities of his office and acts with strict confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinates and arranges all travel arrangements for the Vice President ensuring cost-effective measures and convenience. He/she completes travel and expense claims based on receipts provided and eligible Travel Policy allowances.
- Performs secretarial duties initiating and preparing written correspondence, preparing spreadsheets, and assisting with preparation of PowerPoint presentations or other files. Acts as a conduit for documents requiring VP signature maintaining respect of corporate signing limits.
- He/she acts as the gathering point for information required by the VP from within the division or across divisions and corporate groups, analyzes priorities, and ensures that important issues are brought to the attention of the VP to be acted upon in a timely manner. He/she follows up on instructions and requests for prompt delivery of information and completion of tasks.
- He/she maintains communications with other vice-presidents, managers, and staff of important day-to-day operations on behalf of the VP. He/she acts as liaison between other VP’s, managers and staff in supporting the President or VP in accomplishing his executive and managerial responsibilities.
- He/she interacts with high-level government and industry contacts in a professional manner.
- He/she maintains well-organized paper and electronic files and reviews/approves routine requests from FPInnovations’ financial management system bringing any exceptional items to the attention of the VP.
- He/she will provide and carry out logistical planning for management and/or other meetings, take minutes, follow up on action items and maintain records of decisions made. A summary will be prepared weekly for review with the VP for tracking of progress against tasks.
- He/she will work closely with other Executive Assistants and may also provide other VP’s, managers and/or staff with a variety of assistance, if required.
- This position requires a minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience as an executive assistant, and/or certification in related area
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision; able to recognize and set priorities, exercise sound judgment and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal expertise and ability to work effectively with a wide range of people within a dynamic multi-cultural environment.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate meetings, work schedules and travel arrangements.
- Capacity to juggle many tasks and priorities while working in a high-energy environment.
- Completely fluent in English with a demonstrated ability to communicate exceptionally well in both oral and written form. Fluency in French is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of MS-Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the Canadian forest sector would be an asset.
Please submit resume to:
Human Resources Generalist, FPInnovations
2665 East Mall, Vancouver, BC
Indeed - 2 years ago