CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: September 9, 2013
Job Title: Executive Assistant
This position supports the Corporate Secretary in fulfilling his/her duties and responsibilities in the Board appointed role as an Office of the Corporation.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Acts as the official recorder of the National Board of Directors meetings and Annual and Special Members meetings.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements and meeting materials for all Board of Director meetings.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements and prepares, collects and distributes materials supporting the Annual and Special members meetings.
- Manages and administers the official corporate Membership list and coordinates the annual renewal process.
- Assists the Corporate Secretary with respect to statutory and legislative requirements, and ensuring that CNIB operations in compliance with same.
- Maintains the CNIB corporate archives and portal, including minutes, resolutions, policies, files, reports, related documentation.
- Manages the historical files and photograph collection for archival purposes to ensure the preservation of the CNIB history.
- Supports Board Standing Committees as required.
- Assists with the execution of documents by the Corporate Secretary and other signing authority as authorized by Board resolution from time to time.
- Provides administrative support to the National Chair and Board of Directors as required.
- Reconciles monthly Business Travel Account for Board and Committee members
- Other duties as assigned by the Corporate Secretary from time to time
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
- University degree or College diploma with demonstrated experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified or similar combination of education, skills and experience acceptable to CNIB.
- Familiarity with electronic records management in a corporate setting
- Experience managing the office of senior executive, including management of staff and budgets, and functioning as confidential aide.
- Experience managing the responsibilities of Board administration.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple, simultaneous, and complex assignments.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports while deciphering essential from non-essential information.
- Highly flexible and able to respond quickly to new tasks.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and superior interpersonal skills. Portrays the appropriate professional image.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including attendance at weekend Board and Annual meetings several times a year
- Occasional travel will be required.
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience
Closing Date for Applications: September 20, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss