CICS is a not-for-profit organization with a vision to empower immigrants in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative services. Our mission is to enable immigrants to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian Society. Our success stems from our core values of Cultural diversity, Integrity, Compassion and Solidarity. Our workforce culture is bounded by five key elements, they are: Client Focus / Respect for Diversity; Accountability / Performance Excellence; Initiative; Efficiency / Commitment; and Teamwork.
Ref.: 03 - 13 / Executive Assistant
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Hours: 28 hours per week; required to work some evenings, and may be occasionally weekends.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assists the ED in day-to-day activities, meeting logistics, drafting correspondence and handling general communication on behalf of the ED;
- Takes and keeps accurate minutes of various meetings such as of the board, management team, and special staff meetings while observing strict confidentiality;
- Participates in planning for special CICS events, and is responsible for the production of the annual report and other event coordination as required;
- Manages the general CICS mailbox to direct inquiries to appropriate parties, co-ordinate and trouble shoots on general day-to-day agency-wide issues;
- Prepares, coordinates, and distributes the English and Chinese print and electronic newsletters;
- Assists in preparing funding applications as assigned;
- Performs other unplanned task or duties of a transient nature as assigned.
Position specifications / Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary education with training in administration or at least three years related administrative experience or equivalent preferred;
- Ability to perform research, analyze high volume of information and synthesize it in a logical manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize;
- Ability to keep confidentiality and abides by a high ethical standard;
- Able to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and is attentive to details;
- Reliable, adaptable, flexible, and highly organized;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interface effectively with all employees, board directors and external contacts;
- Experience in a professional association or similar not-for-profit organization in a board support role is an asset;
- Fluent in written and spoken English, fluency in Chinese is an asset;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; conversant in applicable online tools.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications should reach CICS by 5:00 pm on February 19, 2013. Applicant should quote Job # 03-13 Executive Assistant and address the covering letter to:
Centre for Information and Community Services
2330 Midland Avenue
Toronto ON M1S 5G5
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who will have responded to this posting. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be considered.