Relieves the General Manager of clerical work, administrative and business details by taking dictation, responding to emails, voice mails, scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, completing administrative projects and maintaining electronic and paper filing system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and routes in-coming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Takes dictation and transcribes notes on computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Reviews and responds to emails and voice mails for self on a daily basis.
- Reviews and responds to emails and voice mails for General Manager as per his/her direction.
- Composes and types routine correspondence based on organizational practice, policies and procedures at the direction of the General Manager.
- Maintains electronic and paper filing systems for hotel records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
- Schedules appointments, travel arrangements, reservations and conference rooms for General Manager and/or his/her designate(s).
- Prepares and/ gather various hotel based reports at the direction of the General Manager.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and additional materials that may be required for meetings.
- Answers the telephone and provides information to callers or routes call to the appropriate individual in a courteous and timely manner.
- Assists Executive Team with administrative projects and special assignments, as approved by General Manager.
- May assist other office team members during periods of absence and down time.
- May greet visitors, ascertains nature of business and refers visitors to appropriate team member.
- May attend Department Head and committee meetings to record minutes, if required.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- May assign and distribute work under general direction to other employees.
- Will exercise confidentiality, discretion and use independent judgment.
- Responds quickly to internal and external guest requests, complaints or inquiries in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Read and understand legal documents for summary review with GM.
- Prepares and wrap gifts for clients in the direction of the GM.
- Required to complete Purchase Orders to purchase gifts/items for special occasions.
- Track and/or compile expenses (i.e employee recognition, gift tracking, etc) through Excel.
- Creates projects with Windows Movie Maker.
- Purchase stationary and office suuplies in accordance to the GM’s needs and what is deemed necessary to improve organizational system.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by Regional VP of Operations or his/her designate(s).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education/ Experience: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma. Previous hotel administration experience is preferred. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Strong keyboarding skills and strong knowledge of MS Office computer software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and Windows Movie Maker. Social media knowledge (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Strong business writing abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational ability.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Confidentiality & discretion required.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
- To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to write business correspondence, and/or reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- This person needs to have the ability to solve practical problems, change activity suddenly and cope with interruptions. They will also need to accept responsibility for managing activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use their hands, fingers and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Area: Executive Office
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Award-winning, full-service hotel