Nuna Logistics Limited
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Type of position: Full - time
Rotation: Mon - Fri
The Estimator will develop estimate packages, proposals and successful bid strategies.
The Estimator will:
- Prepare professional quality proposal documentation
- Solicit vendor quotations for tenders and proposals
- Prepare and submit Request For Quotation (RFQ)’s from vendors and subcontractors.
- Evaluate construction and mining methodologies to determine recommended best
solutions based on cost, quality, and availability of materials
- Participate in bid review sessions
- Review all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Provide guidance on services, procedures, and methods for the timely and accurate
response to client and management requests
- Participate in project start-ups, kickoff’s and progress meetings as
- Review and analyze actual project costing and production information against
estimates, and develop historical databases
- Work closely with project managers, and operations
- Coordinate schedules, cost control and contract management
- Travel to project sites as required
- Produce accurate reporting
- Use Estimating software
- Pay close attention to detail
- Submit all required Estimate package before the outlined deadline
Considered candidates will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Knowledge of multiple estimating software is an asset but those with HeavyBid software is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience as an estimator in the mining, oil and gas or industrial construction industry.
Those with Heavy Earthworks projects will be considered first.
This is a full time permanent position based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary, benefits and 3 weeks starting vacation time is offered.
If interested in this opportunity please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided or fax to: 780-434-7758.