Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Homes, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employer’s of Choice, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Homes is a well-known and respected home builder in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States. Brookfield Homes Alberta is a member of Brookfield Residential (formerly Carma Developers), which is a North American land developer and homebuilder that is active in ten principal markets with more than 100,000 lots controlled. Brookfield Homes Alberta has been building homes for over 20 years and is currently active with both multi-family and single family developments in Alberta.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Just imagine the endless possibilities that will lead you to being your best. Choose from dozens of career paths, work with extraordinary people, and make an impact on others through your work and your community. Learn more about our many opportunities by visiting www.Brookfieldrp.com.
Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Estimator in our Edmonton Housing Division. This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
Our Estimator will report to and work closely with the Estimating Manager to support the Construction department and Housing division with office and production related activities. The role is responsible for cost estimating, trade negotiations, and contracts administration to ensure that Brookfield Homes achieves its yearly production objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Our Estimator’s primary role is to develop and maintain relationships with specific vendors assigned to each project. In addition, our Estimator is required to become knowledgeable with our product specifications in order to produce effective cost estimates, issue job tenders, qualify bids and negotiate with our trade partners. In addition, the Estimator is responsible for performing the following specific tasks:
- Liaise between internal and external departments to ensure the accuracy of information for production
- Prepare preliminary cost comparisons, authorization of invoices for payment in accordance with corporate policies, preparation of quarterly anchor budget reviews including forecast figures of cost fluctuations, and material quantity take-offs
- Maintain current, competitive cost and product information under changing market conditions to support management decisions
- Plan, organize and complete work as assigned
- Maintain a customer focus and communicate with employees and customers at all levels of the organization
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of two years estimating experience in the residential construction industry
- Experience with Timberline Estimating and Builder MT would be beneficial
- Civil Engineering Technology, Construction or Architectural Technology diploma would be an asset
- Enrolled or completed the Building Solutions certification (within PHBIA’s Master Builder Certification) would be an asset
- Strong MS Office skills and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle large volumes of data in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines and act with a sense of urgency
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- You are able to identify problems, analyze situations and recommend solutions
- You possess a strong attention to detail, accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved and showing concern for all aspects of the job
- Your planning and organizing skills enable you to multi task and meet or exceed all deadlines
- You are a self starter and demonstrate flexibility during periods of change and transition
- You have a reputation for delivering strong customer service
- You possess strong knowledge of the local trades industry
- You are passionate about continuous learning and utilizing all new knowledge and skills on the job
- Your uncompromising belief in teamwork allows you to effectively collaborate with others while supporting the goals of the business
Brookfield continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. We nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Brookfield Residential Properties
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1