_As the Engineering Administrative Assistant, the successful candidate will work under the direction of the Director of Engineering and responsible for all administration work associated with the Engineering department’s daily activities and maintenance of controlled engineering documents
Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize work will be required to adapt to the ever changing daily requirements of the engineering department in order to service other departments effectively._
- Coordinate the requests and track the progress of drawings required from the engineering department for both sales orders and quotes.
- Administer items within the Accpac and Mysis accounting and manufacturing software including creation, and maintenance of part numbers, bills of materials, descriptions, drawing links, and cross references.
- Create and revise engineering documents controlled by the engineering department, including Technical Sheets, Operating Instructions, Engineering Chance Notices, Engineering Reports etc.
- Check new and revised drawings to ensure accuracy of the part numbers and perform a final check of the drawing for any errors.
- Issue and/or verify part numbers to Sales when given a description.
- Any other duties as determined by the Director of Engineering in the administration of the engineering department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma.
- Administrative Assistant diploma or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Relevant experience would be considered in lieu of a diploma.
- At least 2 years of experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency in using office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.
- Experience in a technical environment would be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Employer contributed benefits
- Fast paced work environment
- Upbeat corporate culture
- Career growth potential in a global organization
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard