Planet Energy - North York, ON
Planet Energy, a high growth natural gas and electricity retailer and an innovator in the use of state of the art business systems, has an opening for an Energy Supply Analyst. The primary position will involve overseeing Planet Energy’s Canadian/U.S. residential and small commercial electricity “book” of business.
This position, available at our corporate head office in North York, will take your business career and skills to the next level by providing you with senior level analytical exposure to the unique business issues of energy marketing.
You are a University graduate with an advanced working knowledge of Excel and are operationally comfortable working in a database environment. You also have at least three (3) years business working experience ideally in the energy sector (Canada and/or U.S.).
- Minimize counterparty and commodity risk by monitoring and rebalancing swaps portfolio
- Ad-hoc analysis and reconciliation of inconsistencies in billing and regulatory data
- Implement controls for IESO and OEB regulatory compliance
- Implement margin enhancement mechanisms
- Manage Electricity Price Desk for sales team
- Monthly financial reporting, forecasting , and reconciliation
- Monthly hedging and attrition reporting for commodity supplier(s)
- Quarterly regulatory reporting to OEB and FERC
- Quarterly and ad-hoc reports for CFO, CEO, and COO
- Other ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
IT Databases & Systems Used:
- Proprietary Customer (EMS) Database
- Commercial and Billing System Database (SQL Server)
- Front-end for above (MS Access)
- University degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Engineering with strong math orientation
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel including advanced programming skills
- Experience working with relational databases including SQL and Access
- 3+ years business and financial experience
- Effective communication, reporting, analysis and problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Strong English communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Email your resume and cover letter to the email address provided.
The Subject line of your email should read: Energy Supply Analyst to allow us to quickly identify applicants for this position.
We thank everyone for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To find out more about Planet Energy please visit us at www.planetenergy.ca
Planet Energy is devoted to providing energy choice options that respect the world we all share. We are a leading natural gas and...