These full-time and part-time positions are exceptional opportunities for experienced ER physicians to join the growing Emergency Department at Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA).
If you have a reputation as an excellent physician and for developing sound working relationships with your colleagues, this is an exciting time to be part of the team that is building on the strengths of our Emergency Program. Our Chatham and Sydenham campus Emergency Departments provide 24/7 care and receive approximately 60,000 visits per year. That’s where you can make a difference as an Emergency Department Physician.
As a full-time or part-time Emergency Department Physician, you will provide emergency medical care to patients at our Chatham and/or Sydenham campuses, ensuring a high professional standard of care at all times. Emergency Department Hospital On-Call Coverage (ED HOCC) is also set up in Chatham, and an Emergency Department Physician is available daily after hours to support a major event, to transport critically ill ED Patients, or by direct physician-to-physician request. As an Emergency Department Physician, you may also sign up to be part of the ED HOCC group. Chatham-Kent Health Alliance has strong educational affiliations with the Western University Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, and teaching opportunities are available.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES of the Emergency Department Physicians
- 1 to 3+ years of clinical practice experience with a reputation as an excellent physician
- Hold CCFP (EM) or FRCP credentials and/or be a physician with ER experience
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- ACLS & ATLS
- Ability to develop sound working relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centered Care
- Demonstrated participation in building a culture of safety and partnering with others to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
Bringing dynamic professionals to a great workplace.
Chatham-Kent Health Alliance is an innovative and progressive, 300-bed community hospital with campuses in Chatham and Wallaceburg. Our focus is Patients, People, Performance and Innovation and our strategic directions support our Vision – An Exceptional Community Hospital. Setting Standards - Exceeding Expectations. We are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies, and operate at national best practice levels. Come join us to build, grow and advance your career in a workplace where you will be respected and supported.
To find out more and apply today
Visit our website at www.ckha.on.ca to learn more about us and our community. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest in the position, together with a current CV.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.