McGill University: A unique opportunity to work for an internationally renowned university with a history of excellence dating back to 1821
McGill University is seeking an Electronic Communications and Content Management Officer to manage, optimize, and update web environments relating to the work of the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Communications group. The Officer will also play a key role in helping to grow and engage the audiences for these web properties.
Such communications are designed to promote alumni relations and fundraising activities and strengthen DAR’s relationship with internal and external constituents. The incumbent will also help develop broad electronic communications strategies to enhance these relationships.
- A university degree, or a certificate from a relevant institution, in Communications, Multimedia or Web Design/Programming is desirable
- A proven track record of successfully managing and enhancing websites from the point of view of structure, content management, functionality, and general look and feel
- Strategic marketing and communications skills in as they pertain to maximizing engagement and traffic on websites
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress, or other web publishing/ CMS mechanisms
- Knowledge of web usability and accessibility standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in client consultations on business needs, such as the creation of new web entities or large-scale changes to existing websites
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational, priority-setting, problem-solving, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment
- English spoken and written; working knowledge of written French.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward by your CV along with a covering letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Indeed - 9 months ago
The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is a comprehensive academic health institution with an international reputation for excellence in...