TMK IPSCO leads the industry by combining state-of-the-art technology, top-notch talent and powerful manufacturing capabilities to create and deliver a broad range of innovative tubular products. TMK IPSCO is one of the largest North American producers of welded and seamless pipe and premium connections dedicated to serving the oil and gas industry and many industrial markets. Our legacy of quality, industry-renowned customer service and focus on innovative products and services allow us to drive unparalleled value for our customers.
We are currently seeking an Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our Brand New 33,000 square feet facility in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. This individual will be a key member of our startup team in Edmonton.
The selected candidate will repair, or assist contractors in the repair of, all equipment and machines as well as recommend the purchasing of tools and equipment. You will also perform minor welding and fabrication.
- Performing electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine the cause of most malfunctions of any equipment
- Maintaining equipment and maintenance area clean and orderly
- Checking and maintaining all manufacturing equipment for safe and efficient operation
- Completing all tasks required by preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Making suggestions to upgrade preventative maintenance schedules
- Assisting operators in each department in the repair of all equipment as necessary
- Reporting all out of spec machines and equipment to supervisor
- Working with Purchasing to identify tools and equipment or materials needed and maintain maintenance shop in organized fashion
- Maintaining records and receipts for all tooling and maintenance needs
- Keeping inventory of tools and be responsible for their upkeep
- Training / assisting others in each department as requested
- Instructing and teaching others in the proper maintenance of their machines or equipment
- Setting the example for department team members in the efficient, effective operation of the department
- Sharing acquired knowledge with all department members
- Must be able to work safely with minimal supervision
- Having thorough knowledge of all equipment and machinery.
- Performing other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school graduate or GED, and a minimum of 1 - 3 years relevant work experience is required
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction and decimals) are needed
- Demonstrated strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Red Seal Journeyman Millwright or Red Seal Journeyman Electrician
- Strong attention to detail and a skill for accuracy
- The ability to work in a team environment and possessing the skills to make most repairs independently
- Can independently make decisions and modifications regarding all equipment and machinery
- Strong welding skills and proficient knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and machinery
- Previous work experience in a heavy manufacturing environment is highly desirable but not required
- Previous work experience with CNC lathes, MRE swage machine, band saws, air compressors, stress relievers, vehicles, forklifts, and front end loaders are a plus
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision/prescription benefits starting on your first day of employment. In addition, we offer profit sharing, a Pension Plan with a generous company match with immediate vesting and tuition reimbursement.