The Electrical Manager is a Journeyman Electrician with several years’ supervisory experience. The Electrical Manager must have a continual focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction when performing the duties of this position. The Electrical Manager also has a history of producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors costs, productivity, and scheduling associated with the branch and area operations.
- Supervises team employees and contractors to enhance/improve skill levels; train and mentor direct reports.
- Relays the company mission statement “To Exceed expectations” in all that we do.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Monitors expenses, inventory, non-chargeable, DSO and budget requirements in the branch on a monthly basis and reports to Branch and Area Managers.
- Maximizes manpower and vehicle utilization within the branch and communicates with other areas of Tarpon.
- Assists Branch and Area Managers to generate branch budgets and present to E&C Head Office for approval.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external suppliers, Tarpon managers, and customers.
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation and performance of employees and contractors/consultants.
- Ensures optimum utilization of labour, material and other resources across all projects.
- Examines new opportunities and work closely with Branch and Area Managers to enhance and grow the area business.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Supervises E&C teams, with a focus on mentoring and coaching of employees for skill enhancement and quality of task execution.
- Assists with the establishment of best practices and standards for all Tarpon services e.g. estimating, managing business development opportunities, evaluating projects, ensuring quality of delivered products, and documenting all processes as well as overall design specifications.
- Liaises and is the key contact for selected Electrical projects.
- Commits to the success of other teams as well as support of management and the executive team.
- Examines new opportunities and relays information specifics to branch and area managers.
- Provides technical assistance and recommendations for proper operations and design of electrical installations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, provincial and local regulations and standards.
- Identifies and implements expense reduction management opportunities designed to meet or exceed Tarpon’s budgets.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- 5+ years Electrical Technician experience.
- Must have a current Journeyman Electrical Ticket.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience.
- Previous Oil and Gas experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- The ambition to grow the electrical business in the designated area.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a full benefits plan that is effective on the first day of employment and a matching RRSP program. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
To apply for this posting, http://tarponenergy.hgcareers.com/js/
Tarpon Energy Services Ltd. is a leading supplier of electrical and instrumentation services, control systems and steel building solutions....