POSITION Electrical Estimator – Winnipeg MB
Black & McDonald Limited is looking for and Electrical Estimator to join our Winnipeg, MB team. The position involves working on a full-range of projects to analyze costs and prepare estimates of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus electrical works ranging from simple cost analysis to definitive estimates in support of proposals, project controls and project change orders. In addition, this role will provide technical and administrative support to project operations as it relates to estimating, reporting and monitoring project progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change.
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, set up cost monitoring, reporting systems and procedures.
- Coordinate price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, desingers and architects regarding tenders.
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with the Chief Estimator, Project Manager, and Purchasing as required.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Conduct material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs.
- Coordinate various small projects.
- Self-motivated individual and able to work within deadlines
- Graduate of Electrical Engineering or Construction Technology programs(s) with related work preferred; or,
- 3-5 years practical experience as a qualified tradesperson in the electrical field.
- Candidates must be capable of using MS applications (Word, Excel, and Project)
- Previous experience with estimating and drawing software would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and related components
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Indeed - 8 months ago