K-Bro Linen Systems Inc. is the Canadian leader in laundry and linen services to the healthcare and hospitality sectors. We are seeking an experienced Dry Cleaning / Valet Manager to help lead a dedicated team of staff at our Canada Way plant in Burnaby. You will be directly reporting to the Production Manager and Operations Manager.
As a key member of the Operations Management Team, you will play a very important role to assist the Production Manager in overseeing/managing all aspects of dry-cleaning operations while ensuring that safety, quality, cost and productivity goals are achieved.
- Supervision of up to 10 employees on daily basis; provide leadership, training and direction to staff. Conduct performance evaluations, implement disciplinary actions and employee terminations
- Attend weekly Operations meetings
- Advise Customer Service Manager, Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager of any dry-cleaning issues, production issues and material shortages
- Ensure quality, productivity and safety standards are followed
- Manage and maintain employee morale by fostering a workplace environment that promotes Safety, Quality, Communication, Teamwork, Accountability and Trust
- Ensure all production works are complete on timely manner and according to delivery schedule
- Perform dry-cleaning duties in the event of an employee absenteeism, as required
- Record damaged or improperly dry-cleaned or laundered garments and other articles
- Operating and maintaining 2 dry-cleaning machines, 4 washers and 5 steam dryers
- Ensure all finished garment and other articles are examined they are properly dry-cleaned or laundered in a professional manner
- Ensure staff are in compliance all Health and Safety requirements and report unsafe work practices
- Prepare accident reports and perform investigations, when necessary
- Take daily attendance and approve daily staff sign-in time sheet
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with all aspects of the dry-cleaning process
- Minimum 5+ years dry-cleaning experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure work environment
- Managerial experience would be an asset
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem solving skills; quick learner; good memory and ability to be proactive
- Cantonese or Mandarin would be an asset
- Completion of grade 12 education
- Fluent in English
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese would be an asset.
This is a full-time shift work position. K-Bro Linen operates 7days/week, and 365 days/year. Candidate must have the ability to be flexible with different work schedule.
Competitive salary, pension plan, performance bonus potential and comprehensive extended health benefit plan.
Email your cover letter and resume to us.
To learn more about us, visit www.k-brolinen.com