National Oilwell Varco is currently recruiting for a Draftsperson for their Nisku facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following items:
- Generate casting and machining drawings and bill of materials as directed by supervisor or as needed by projects.
- Performs basic mechanical design for parts.
- Produces assembling layouts, sectional drawings, work instructions and catalog dimension drawings.
- Check drawings for accuracy, format and completeness.
- Determine tolerance and other drawing requirements by reading and interpreting technical specifications.
- Enter information into various engineering databases including the item master and product structure records.
- Interface with project team members, vendors and shop personnel to achieve on time delivery of projects.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with provincial and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and manufacturing of oilfield equipment.
- Intermediate skill with PC software, specifically word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, project management, AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Familiar with API 6A, API 16A, NACE MR0175, ASME section 8.
- Ability to read and analyze engineering drawings, engineering concepts and product design.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent written and oral communication, with proven demonstration of effective and efficient interfacing with all levels of employees, vendors and customers.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to coordinate, direct and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
Indeed - 8 months ago