The Overhead Door Corporation is a strong and vibrant company! We have successfully grown our sales performance both organically and through acquisition, and our balance sheet is strong. We have a great pipeline opportunity that is supported with a formal development program designed to prepare the right candidate for future growth and additional responsibilities.
Overhead Door Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The District Sales Manager will have territory responsibilities for a specific geographic area including selling Overhead Door products to distributors, dealers and end-users. Ideal candidate will be based in the Calgary market. Responsible for market penetration within the assigned territory, including MIX, margin and new product management. Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relations with dealers, distributors and end-users. This position reports to the Western Regional Sales Manager.
Service existing customers while developing a new customer base.
Act as a problem solver who does what needs to be done to help customers improve and grow their business.
Responsible for product training, leadership, business advice, sales and marketing assistance, building and maintaining strong relationships with distribution customers and developing new customers.
Must develop strong relationships with builders, developers, contractors, engineers, architects and end-users to pull sales through distribution and National Account Customers.
Responsible for prospecting and cold calling, maintaining consistent customer contact and communication along with aggressive follow up to achieve targeted growth.
Communicate new business opportunities and market intelligence to the company.
Responsible for developing territory sales budgets and individual account goals, promoting product loyalty.
Bachelors degree, preferably in Business or Engineering, is required. A minimum of two to five years of experience selling an engineered product. Sales management experience with proven track record to grow sales in assigned territory.
- A positive individual who is extremely professional with high integrity and strong work ethics, with the ability to give and receive respect. Honor confidentiality.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate our brand to both small and large groups with marketing tools and manuals. Good listening skills.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual with a commanding presence and strong customer relationship building skills.
- Must have strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- A self-confident and assured individual who is able to command respect, think quickly and work independently. An entrepreneurial spirit who is able to work as a member of the team.
- A motivated individual who is not satisfied with maintaining the status quo and willing to do whatever is necessary to advance in the organization. A proven over-achiever with the willingness to move anywhere to advance their career. Must have the potential to be promoted at least two jobs
- A goal oriented individual who is able to think creatively and demonstrates consistent achievement.
- Must be a self-motivated professional with the ability to engage, possessing excellent selling skills. Must have strong organizational and analytical skills; responsible time management and timely reporting required.
- Ability to think and operate both short and long term, be able to hit sales numbers without sacrificing long term goals.
- Must possess a strong mechanical/technical aptitude and be good with numbers. An understanding of the construction industry with the ability to understand plans and specifications. Must also have an understanding of both pricing and P&L as it relates to customers.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A versatile individual with the ability to handle multiple cultures, as well as strong problem solving skills and the ability to break down walls.
- A risk taker, resilient with proven mental and physical tenacity. Aggressive, not afraid to fail or make mistakes.
- A self-starter who is competitive in nature.
- A strategic sales professional with the ability to sell to the end user. Experience with consultative selling. Can see beyond traditional sales channels.
- Think strategically in terms of distribution and end user management (multi-dimensional thinking).
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Constant learning capabilities.
The Overhead Door Corporation is a strong and vibrant company! We have successfully grown our sales performance both organically and...