Currently offering the largest network of outdoor, camping, hunting and fishing stores in Eastern Canada, SAIL is pursuing its development by continuing its growth across the greater Toronto area. SAIL currently has five locations throughout Ontario and four stores in the province of Quebec.
SAIL’s mission as “the Outdoors Superstore” is to offer the largest choice of brand-name products at incredibly competitive prices. With an entrepreneurial culture and extensive expertise in sporting goods retailing, the organization strives for operational excellence, outstanding customer experience and employee wellness and development.
Following a year where SAIL has not only been able to successfully expand across the GTA, but also solidify its position as market leaders, SAIL is now looking for a seasoned retail manager to contribute to its on-going successful tenure. You are known for your coaching and development approach, your grasp of retail challenges and realities and your ability to successfully manage big-box stores from an operational perspective.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the incumbent will oversee the overall operations of four locations within the GTA area and support his/her Store Managers in achieving the company’s objectives. He/she will be based at our Vaughan store.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, guiding, coaching and supporting a management team of 32, including 8 senior managers, by providing appropriate direction and tools;
- Managing talent, performance and development for his/her district by hiring, training and evaluating his/her team of over 500 employees;
- Creating an environment that promotes outstanding customer service experience;
- Maintaining company standards and programs, including merchandising, to maximize sales and provide exceptional customer service;
- Mobilizing teams to achieve store goals for all retail indicators: sales, store hours, shrink, inventory control, etc.;
- Analyzing store results and implementing action plans to take advantage of arising opportunities;
- Acting as an ambassador by promoting company values, standards and policies;
- Participating in the overall company’s success and evolution.
We are seeking a candidate with the following profile:
- Proven track record of successfully managing retail operations in a multi-unit context
- 5 years experience in a leadership role, preferably in a big-box environment
- Exceptional business acumen
- Sound people skills and the ability to demonstrate strong coaching methods
- Availability to travel within the GTA area