The mission of the Corporate Stores is to bring the Hallmark image to life in a world-class specialty retail environment. Hallmark is reinventing its specialty retail channel for the future with a renewed focus on the retail business. As the future of the specialty retail channel unfolds, the District Manager has an exciting opportunity to act as a business owner and oversee the changing image of multiple stores.
The District Manager for Corporate Stores is responsible for managing all aspects of store operations for a group of company-owned retail stores that are designed to improve the productivity and profitability of the Hallmark Corporate Stores. The District Manager serves as a role model for retail management and execution by delivering a consistently exceptional customer experience. The District Manager displays strong management skills and is a developer of people.
> Job Description
District Management /People Development/Customer Service:
- Deliver the Hallmark brand promise through enthusiastic People, exceptional Customer Service and outstanding store Standards.
- Successfully manage all aspects of the customer experience and store operations of assigned store including driving sales, recruiting and hiring, staff development, payroll management, inventory management, loss prevention and store profitability.
- Demonstrate exemplary planning, organization and communication skills to ensure successful store operations.
- Achieve performance objectives for multiple stores in sales, customer service, payroll, markdowns and shrinkage.
- Drive sales, I.A.T. goals, and Gold Crown transactions.
- Discuss district stores operations, profit and loss statement, store appearance and merchandising with Regional Manager on a regular basis.
- Manage all district stores records, such as accounting procedures, banking, receiving, invoicing and time records.
- Monitor system-matics, and maintain appropriate storage facilities and records for those facilities.
- Oversee merchandising of products according to store guidelines.
- Ensure appearance of the store and organization standards in the stockroom.
- Demonstrate all aspects of loss prevention.
- Oversee the delivery of new hire orientation and operational training to employees that will enable them to perform in a productive and profitable Hallmark Gold Crown store. This will require a thorough knowledge of Hallmark Gold Crown products, services, systems and multiple store operations. This will require proficiency in one-on-one training skills, knowledge of adult learning principles, knowledge and understanding of Hallmark Retail policies/standards and a thorough understanding of the skills needed to lead and deliver world-class retailing.
- Monitor that training is being delivered according to the program guidelines and ensure that training expectations are being met by conducting follow up.
- Managing high performing leaders for the Hallmark Gold Crown Stores. This includes, but is not limited to: selection, retention, development, performance management and succession planning.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager to review new policies, operational changes and/or training initiatives and coordinate implementation in the district.
- Coordinate new technology implementation and training as directed by the Regional Manager.
- Identify and develop targeted training/communication for specific store-level operational needs.
- Execute Corporate Stores sponsored marketing events.
- Position requires physical duties involving lifting up to forty pounds.
> Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years multi-unit management experience with a specialty retailer
- Travel between stores is required and may involve overnight stays
- Position requires physical duties involving lifting fixture parts and cartons weighing up to 40 pounds
- 5+ years previous multi-unit DM specialty retail experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or Retail
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal selling skills, merchandising skills, organizational and time management skills, leadership and interpersonal skills, flexibility, a strong sense of urgency, the ability to adapt to change, and the ability to train and motivate employees.
- Due to the financial aspects of the job, the incumbent must also have business acumen and an aptitude for basic math functions, and be able to do calculations.
- Computer literacy.