Bayshore Specialty Rx, a subsidiary of home and community health care provider. Bayshore Health Care offers a range of integrated pharmaceutical services to clients such as government care programs, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR DISPATCHER/WAREHOUSE CLERKS!
The Dispatcher/Warehouse Clerk is responsible for supporting all aspects of distribution except for management of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are areas of responsibility and sample tasks of the types of activities and delegation required to complete the responsibilities. Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned as required.
Responsibility: Receive the finished packages from the assembly process
- Assess the workload of expected packages by communicating with the intake desk and the assembly area
- Use computer systems to view the expected delivery loads
- Counsel the intake and assembly areas about workflow, routes, and timing, to optimize the scheduling and routing of deliveries
- Establish the areas where packages will be placed for delivery preparation
Responsibility: Prepare the packages for delivery
- Determine whether the planned schedules and routes are appropriate for the current situation
- Consider availability of the client/customer when the driver’s stops are planned
- Contact clients, customers, or internal contacts as required to meet delivery or contract requirements
- Determine the shipment method using drivers, delivery services, or couriers
- Assign, re-assign, and amend route manifests as required
- Use courier on-line services to schedule courier pickups as required
- Add the appropriate packing slips and manifests to the packages and compile the packages into a location for loading
Responsibility: Schedule and assign drivers, delivery services, or couriers
- Change the drop points for transfers as required
- Determine the work loading of the drivers
- Add drivers to specific routes as required to meet workload
- Coordinate transfer of packages between driver and routes in case of non-deliverables
- Facilitate the pickup of pumps and waste as required
- Participate in Bayshore’s ability for customers to determine order and delivery status
Responsibility: Administer the distribution area.
- Review driver submissions, such as manifests, time sheets, GPS travel records, and delivery reports to check for accuracy and consistency
- Data enter information into Bayshore computers using various software for order tracking and KPI’s (key Performance Indicators) and customer requirements
- Participate and contribute to the documentation requirements of ISO
Responsibility: Picking and Packing of Orders
- Gathers supplies and equipment for patient orders in preparation for shipment/delivery and performs quality checks
- Assembles, labels and provides supplies as required under specific contracts
- Maintain freezer packs in sufficient quantity and quality to ensure temperature controlled shipping
- Assists with inventory control, including receiving, stocking, making labels and keeping records
- Participates in quality assurance activities as directed
- Performs general housekeeping duties in the warehouse
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One year of dispatching/warehouse experience
- Must have sound knowledge of Ontario
- Experience grouping orders to ensure cost savings
- Ability to organize workload for efficient use of time
- Ability to function independently
- Good telephone skills
- Familiarity with computers and applications essential
**MUST be available to work a variety of shifts as we are open 365 days/7 days a week**
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume by fax to 905-474-3127 or by email.