If you are interested in product stewardship and have experience in operating a supply chain, we are looking for a Director, Operations…
Reporting to the Managing Director at Multi-Material BC, as Director, Operations you will oversee the MMBC supply chain team in British Columbia. The Director, Operations leads the execution and refinement of the provincial supply chain for printed paper and packaging and is responsible for meeting program targets and CSSA operational goals.
- Oversee a reverse supply chain with sufficient capacity to collect, transport, process and market materials in order to meet program plan targets.
- Direct a multi-channel, provincial wide collection network for all program materials with sufficient capacity to meet program plan targets. Manage collection channel commercial frameworks and terms and conditions that are consistent with budget and collection performance targets. Provide oversight to other collection services such as P&E and Administration as per the service provider Agreements.
- Direct a post-collection procurement network with sufficient capacity to meet program plan targets. Ensure all commercial arrangements are conducted under signed Agreements.
- Employ standards, scorecards and codes of conduct for collectors and post-collection service providers, and oversee their distribution to, and implementation by, service providers/vendors.
- Manage and build relationships with supply chain service providers and identify new partners that could provide value.
- With support from the Director, Technical Advisory Services, manage supply chain performance by a) keeping pace with innovations to improve end-of-life outcomes for obligated materials; and b) benchmarking reverse supply chain companies and EPR programs to learn and adopt best practices.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and the VP Stakeholder on the development of stakeholder management plans prior to initiating or executing changes that impact the collection and post-collection network and related commercial arrangements.
- Participate in the annual budgeting, fee setting and operational planning process. Develop annual collection and post collection budgets with input from National Supply Chain. Provide input into P&E and administrative costs to the Managing Director.
- Recruit, orient, direct and performance manage the MMBC operations team.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education related to Business Administration, professional designation from a recognized procurement organization, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in operational management, waste management, logistics management or related roles.
- Direct experience in paper & packaging recycling or related field is beneficial but not necessary
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis and provide summaries and recommendations. Ability to perform mathematical computations with accuracy.
- Knowledge of waste management, materials management, commodity markets, and logistics or related operational business activities is desirable.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to prepare clear and concise administrative and technical reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively create and implement project plans
- Flexible work schedule requiring periods of extended working hours to meet deadlines during peak periods. * Requires travel within the province to meet with collection, transportation and processing partners and conduct site inspections.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Multi-Material British Columbia (MMBC) is a not-for-profit organization formed to develop and implement a residential stewardship plan for packaging and printed paper. MMBC is a member company of Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA).
CSSA is a national, non-profit organization, founded by leading retailers and manufacturers, bringing together key players to achieve better recycling performance. CSSA is industry-led and industry-funded, working on behalf of Canadian businesses that participate in stewardship programs, as well as partnering with provincial stewardship organizations, provincial governments, local governments and waste management companies to provide recycling and waste management services, and leading expertise to nearly 20 million Canadians.
$ tbd (CAD) per annum, permanent full time, plus company benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those under consideration will be contacted. No agencies please. Thank you.
Indeed - 7 months ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) is a not-for-profit organization formed to fund a residential...