Reports to the COO
The Director - Information Technology is responsible for the development and execution of a clearly defined IT strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth, financial performance and marketability.
The Director - IT will be a dynamic, experienced, hands-on technical architect with extensive knowledge in emerging technologies, information technology hardware/software, and will be responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all IT functions to achieve the company objectives of growth, profitability, and efficiency.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering and/or Business.
- Minimum 5 years in an IT managerial role.
- Strong background in operating systems, network technologies, ERP systems, office information systems, e-commerce, e-learning, internet/intranet development, server virtualization.
- Experience supporting a broad range of departmental technology needs.
- Expert knowledge of server computer technologies and relational database architectures.
- Strong leadership skill; ability to lead by example.
- Self motivated individual who works well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and a proven ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders (VP to CEO).
- Experience in negotiating licensing contracts and service level agreements.
- Strong background in establishing and administering IT Policy and Procedures.
- Experience in implementing complete business systems.
- Proficiency in budget creation, compliance, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Proven experience in Project planning and management.
- Direct, administer and coordinate all of the activities of the company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential IT activities and strategies.
- Determine strategic direction for company IT requirements, document and present recommendations, once approved implement solutions to meet long-term business plan.
- Ability to write, evaluate, and implement strategic proposals, with supporting business case presentations to the leadership.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to control and audit information security and departmental operations.
- Manage the IT services function, including business system change, system enhancement control, technical support and access security through response time and system availability monitoring.
- Administer information security, providing appropriate access for individuals to necessary information.
- Ensure the business continuance of all mission critical applications, networks and infrastructure.
- Provide and work towards a business continuance / disaster recovery plan from an IT perspective, while liaising with key operational business users.
- Lead and direct all IT functions – systems support, programming, network support, data and telephone communications.
- Develop standards for hardware, software, and program selection, documentation and training.
- Provide insight from a technology perspective to accomplish continuous improvement in cost control, quality, and productivity in each department.
- Responsible for annual capital and expense budget options for the IT department.
- Achieve targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of IT strategy.
- Measure the effectiveness of the IT department while implementing improvements as required.
- Coach, mentor and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession planning.
- Incorporate performance metrics for staff, while conducting annual/bi-annual performance reviews.
- Hold regular departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Ability to break down the IT roadmap, to actionable projects and deliverables.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT Department.
- Manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframe.
- Autonomous individual.
- Hands on, and backup for staff.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid Passport
- Ability to travel to USA by air
Professional cleaners have known about Swish for years. We are the ones they come to when they need to purchase or lease equipment such as...