DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Our client is currently recruiting for a Director of Human Resources for their Canadian Operations. How would you like to be a leader for a brand that is proudly represented by its products, culture, heritage, and customers? The company began as a small family business in the 1960s in the U.S. and is making their mark as the outdoor lifestyle retail institution in Canada. Employees describe their co-workers as family and there is an overwhelming sense of pride for the company.
The Director of Human Resources will report to the Vice President of Canadian Operations, to implement strategic HR initiatives for the Canadian Operations. The ideal individual will have demonstrated ability as a skilled HR leader, who can successfully work with business partners to set and implement strategic plans in practical ways.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Corporate HR team
- Collaborate with leadership team to improve methodology to streamline processes, procedures and initiatives that support the overall function and business strategy.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and standards for recruitment, employee relations, performance management engagement and coaching/development
- Ensure HR programs are delivered in a manner that is consistent with core values and best practices
- Identify strategies to increase productivity, employee performance and change leadership while designing metrics to track effectiveness of programs
- Guide leaders/managers through complex employee relations issues.
- Support the development and implementation of HR programs and services for all locations
- Work with the team to identify and actively support top talent, create development plans and build bench strength across organization.
- Lead and develop a metrics driven, high performing HR team through regular coaching, delegation and performance management
- Post secondary education, with a CHRP designation preferred
- 5+ years in a HR leadership role
- Demonstrated background in developing HR policies and procedures
- Ability to be a critical thinker and work in a growing fast paced environment
- Retail HR management experience an asset
- Highly effective and persuasive personality that comprehends both strategy and tactical needs simultaneously
- Able to cultivate and maintain successful working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems and programs
- Knowledge of an HRIS system
- Ability to obtain a valid Canadian passport
This role will appeal to an individual with excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Linda Beaudry through Indeed or call 204-336-6246.
Indeed - 16 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...