DIRECTOR of EXPERIENCE ARCHITECTURE
The Director of Experience Architecture plays an integral role in the development of our clients’ web sites and digital marketing programs. Working closely with all in-house teams involved in the Web development process, the Director of Experience Architecture will contribute to the planning process of various Web sites by organizing information, developing Web site architectures, and developing labeling/search systems.
In addition, the Director of Experience Architecture will act as the lead for the EA practice and have the mandate to develop EA as a focused specialty within Critical Mass. Leading a team of experienced Experience Architects, this individual should be an expert in the IA/ User Experience field. This multi-disciplinary position requires working knowledge of business analysis, qualitative consumer research, digital strategy and information architecture.
- Leading the team that conducts research on competitive Web sites, existing Web initiatives, past Web projects and consumer research
- Synthesize research findings to aid the project team developing the Web site architecture
- Collaborating with project team members and clients to develop organizational/structural concepts for Web site projects
- Act as the senior client liaison for all EA related client presentations
- Translating concepts into effective information architectures
- Developing plans that production teams can use to help guide their work
- Collaborating on the development of labeling/search systems
- Preparing EA documentation (site architectures, wire frames, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by the production team
- Ensuring EA documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the production team
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to refine IA process
- Work with our clients to identify business problems and challenges
- Act as a mentor to the EA team, and ensure focused training and development programs for junior Experience Architects are in place
- Post secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 3 years' related industry experience in new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science
- Minimum 3 year's experience in the role of senior information architect, user experience lead or information design lead
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms
- Proven understanding of and experience with: user-centered design techniques; development of organizational/structural concepts for Web site; project processes for the development of large scale Web site projects; documentation requirements for Web development teams; application of content management, personalization, targeting and searching systems
- Experience with: software development process/business analysis; user research, usability practices and testing preferred
- Proven experience in effectively leading teams
Indeed - 23 months ago
This agency is ready to help businesses in critical need of online marketing services. Critical Mass is a leading interactive marketing...