Posting Number: 2395
Position Title: Director, Enterprise Systems
Department: Information Systems & Technology
Salary Grade: USG 18
Hiring Salary Range: $120,018 - $150,022
Maximum of Salary Range: $180,027
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are excited to announce that the University of Waterloo is currently recruiting for a new Director of Enterprise Systems. This is a role that sits on our Information Systems & Technology (IST) Executive Team and reports directly into our Chief Information Officer.
You will be responsible for providing campus-wide expertise in the evolution of the University’s Enterprise Applications as well as providing people leadership to a large team of direct and indirect reports. Following a recent realignment of our IST groups, this role will present you with the opportunity to shape and define how these IST groups work together. You will be asked to develop and maintain strong relationships with Academic Departments and Faculty stakeholders and represent IST on several committees. You will also be responsible for defining, refining and improving the services provided by your team to those various stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will be a strong people leader who can shape a team and be an enabler of change, while simultaneously leading incredibly important projects. We are looking for a strategic thinker who also thrives on being involved at the tactical level, balancing innovation with reality. You have strong business acumen and a high energy level that you will use to influence, negotiate, and develop relationships at multiple levels within our diverse and multi-functional environment. To be successful in this role, you must be patient, collaborative and client driven.
Education & Experience Required:
- University degree in a Computer-related field or equivalent post-secondary education with extensive experience with ERP technology
- Must have 10-12 years of progressive experience with a proven people management track record of achievement and success within Information Technology
- Proven ability to foresee application-based services that meet needs and solve business issues of the University
- Flexible adaptable and consultative management style. Ability to conceptualize and address current and future challenges in a logical manner
- Intermediate knowledge of development methodologies and frameworks
- Intermediate application architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of Application and Middleware Technology
- Project management skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively present strategies and plans to senior management
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills combined with analytical and planning abilities
- Proven reasoning and decision-making ability at a senior management level
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The full job description is available at: http://www.hr.uwaterloo.ca/.jd/00001412.html
Important note: To ensure that your application is successfully submitted, please put your cover letter, resume, and any other information into ONE document and have a unique file name such as yourname.doc. We will accept .doc, .docx, or .pdf files only.
Employment Equity: The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. We invite applications from all interested applicants. Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority.
In just half a century, the University of Waterloo, located at the heart of Canada's technology hub, has become one of Canada's leading comprehensive universities with 35,000 full- and part-time students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Waterloo, as home to the world's largest post-secondary co-operative education program, embraces its connections to the world and encourages enterprising partnerships in learning, research and discovery. In the next decade, the university is committed to building a better future for Canada and the world by championing innovation and collaboration to create solutions relevant to the needs of today and tomorrow. For more information about Waterloo, please visit www.uwaterloo.ca.