Director, Application Sustainment
Ideaca is a Canadian based consulting firm with locations in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Kitchener. We help customers from strategy to solution through a portfolio of management consulting, advisory, implementation and support services. We have 10 years of experience doing business and in that time, have accumulated a growing list of over 350 satisfied, repeat customers. Our family of over 250 employees across the country work on delivering innovative solutions around Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Portals and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Custom Application Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Application Infrastructure, Support Services.
Our people are creative and can get the job done. Ideaca has experienced phenomenal growth and has maintained a relaxed and open culture, with an emphasis on diversity and the development of our people. We aim to be the best IT consulting company in Canada and will do so by continuing to invest in talented and motivated people, building long term relationships with our customers and by focusing nationally.
You will be accountable for the leadership of a diverse team of talented individuals who deliver superior IT support services internally to Ideaca and externally (at a National level);
You collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team to prepare ‘go to market’ strategies, identify new revenue opportunities and manage existing accounts;
You collaborate with the Management team to determine resourcing and staffing;
You are accountable for developing, maintaining and improving upon processes and procedures that are critical in the support of Dynamics AX, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Business Intelligence, Windows Azure, and SAP;
You oversee day-to-day operations ensuring service levels are met, problems are solved and customers are satisfied;
You plan, develop and establish goals and objectives for the Sustainment group that are aligned and in support of Ideaca’s strategic mission and vision;
You understand ITIL and the value it brings and are willing to explore if it is a right fit for your team.
- are a proven leader with 8-10 years of leading teams of IT professionals in an application support environment;
- have a desire to deliver quality service and you share that desire with your team;
- can think and act strategically and implement at a tactical level;
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- have an eye for detail yet you can step back and delegate as required;
- understand the nuances of contracts and outsourcing agreements;
- are motivated by profit and revenue targets;
- work well with others in an open and collaborative environment;
- create and nurture business relationships both internally and externally;
- motivate, coach and inspire a team of approximately 16 staff in delivering their best work.
- Successfully completed a post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Previous professional services experience resulting in well-honed consulting, project management, and functional skills in the management of major projects
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated capabilities in evaluating new technologies and techniques, and applying the appropriate elements to sustainment
- Proven ability to contribute to standards and best practices and the advancement of IP (Intellectual Property)
- Developed leadership skills that motivate people and demonstrated ability to facilitate the professional growth of staff
- Prepared for some domestic and international travel as required