BOATsmart!® is the nation's largest boating educator and provider of the Pleasure Craft Operator Card. Recognized in both 2011 and 2012 as one of Canada’s top 200 fastest growing companies (PROFIT MAGAZINE 200), we are a marketing driven organization enabled by our executional excellence and digital capabilities.
We are looking for a dynamic Digital Marketing Specialist to lead the coordination, implementation, and tracking of online marketing and communications initiatives through our corporate websites, blogs, email marketing channels, and social media profiles. If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a Canadian business success story, read on.
We love our customers. We believe in delighting and surprising them every day. And its only right that we do the same for our team members. So be prepared for a company Food and Health allowance, formal Succession and Mentoring Plan and a training budget to help you develop your talents. We’ve also got a unique office environment that we’re pretty proud of... Ping pong table and pinball included.
- Technical understanding of web design, hands-on experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and other Creative Suite apps.
- Search engine optimization and search engine marketing techniques.
- Social media savvy and comfort.
- Capable of developing and managing direct-to-consumer campaigns.
- Search engine marketing, as well as hands-on experience with Google Adwords,
- Google Analytics, Yahoo/Bing and Facebook Ads.
- Creative, confident, logical, and organized.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, efficiently and communicate effectively.
- Stays organized in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects.
- Customizing and administering web-based content management systems.
- Creating and tracking email marketing campaigns.
- Web standard, best practices, and guidelines.
- Experience preparing competitive analysis and/or post-campaign analysis.
- Good presentation, communication and research skills.
- Bilingual, French and English, written and spoken is considered an asset.
- Post secondary degree or diploma.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in digital marketing or communications.
- Project management and marketing agency background is considered an asset.
- Ensure brand and reputation management by monitoring the web, social media, blogs.
- Coordinate and oversee social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, other),
- including responding to customer inquiries.
- Coordinate with graphic designers and copywriters to develop web content for blogs,
email newsletters, and online ads.
- Implement search engine optimization to drive revenue by increasing the number of qualified visitors to BOATsmart!® web sites.
- Generate website traffic reports for internal stakeholders.
- Respond to requests for web updates from internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that project deliverables are of a high quality and any development adheres to the standards of BOATsmart!®.
- Ensure overall project tasks and deliverables are met within provided time frames.
- Provide actionable insights for new online marketing programs and initiatives.
BOATsmart!® started as an independent entrepreneurial adventure in 2003. Constructively discontent, we’ve been shaped by the variety of our team members and our boundless determination. We strive for greatness through passion, creativity and initiative. We house a fiercely loyal and invested team. And after more than ten years, our independent maverick roots still run deep. We believe that success is Always Earned – Never Given, and we collaboratively make it happen.
- Canada’s 30th Fastest Growing Company | 2011 Profit Magazine’s PROFIT 200
- Canada’s 69th Fastest Growing Company | 2012 Profit Magazine’s PROFIT 200
- Peterborough Employer Of The Year | 2011 Final Nominee
- Waterstone Human Capital, 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures | 2012 Nominee
How We Value You
BOATsmart!® team members are recognized, rewarded and valued for the contributions they make to our business. That means we share in success:
- Medical Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Earned Share Ownership Plan
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Innovation Rewards
- Formal Succession Planning & Mentorship
- Preferred Banking Rates & Packages
- Preferred Rates and Discounts on Local Services
- Preferred Real Estate and Relocation Services
- Tax and Financial Planning
- Education Bursary
- Health Club Membership Subsidy
- BBQs, Boating, Waterskiing and Wakesurfing!
What We Stand For
Its easy to say you want to be proud of producing industry leading work. It’s even easier to say you’re a team player that wants to be part of something. But few are willing to put in the hard work to achieve stand out results. At BOATsmart!® we are performance driven – we settle for nothing less then the best. It’s a culture where you’ll be challenged, inspired, invested and truly recognized as a best-in-class talent.
If you want to skate to where the puck is going rather than where its been, you’re one of us. We’d love to have you.
Indeed - 17 months ago
BOATsmart!® started as an independent entrepreneurial adventure in 2003. Constructively discontent, we’ve been shaped by the...