Reporting to the Director of Dietary Services and under the direction of the Chef/Cook, the Dietary Aide is responsible for optimal food service to residents and families based on legislative requirements and Specialty Care standards embracing the Enabling Choices model.
- Assist in maintaining the dietary department in a safe and sanitary manner. Provide assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals;
- Assist in monitoring quality of food supplies received and advise Director of Dietary Services/Cook of problems;
- Follow proper food handling techniques. Date, label, and store food properly. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and complete scheduled cleaning duties. Maintain cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas;
- Assist in the preparation, re-heating and service of beverages, breakfast items, vegetables, nourishment items, salads, desserts and catering as assigned;
- Assist in serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes;
- Meet scheduled meal and snack times;
- Use equipment and supplies properly;
- Set and clean dining tables and trays;
- Assist in dish and pan washing, storage, and cleaning duties;
- Assist with maintaining the security of the department;
- Alert Director of Dietary Services to problems and make recommendations about corrective action.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Completion of or enrollment in a Food Service Worker program from a recognized college as defined by the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, or a registered private career college in Ontario;
- Up to date certification in the Food Safety Awareness Program offered by Public Health;
- A minimum of grade 10 education;
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions;
- Capability to work and communicate effectively with residents of a LTC home;
- Ability to work accurately, quickly, and safely;
- Proven effective team player who works well with others and is able to take directions.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Join an extraordinary team that makes a difference by touching people’s lives. At Specialty Care, you will use your skills and...