Die Repair - Set-Up
Orlick Industries Limited is a leading supplier in the automotive marketplace, providing precision machined aluminum casting.
A Die Repair / Set-Up person is responsible for effectively and efficiently repairing die cast moulds for production and to safely operate up to 10 ton crane for installing and removing production tooling.
- Use various machines (i.e.: mills/lathes) to carry out tasks
- Take apart and assemble moulds
- Weld and refit surfaces; refinish edges; bring tool back up to spec
- Clean moulds
- Conduct a visual inspection of lifting equipment and tools for safe operation.
- Use a forklift and crane in a safe manner.
- Follow lock-out procedures as required
- Complete all necessary paperwork/documentation.
- At end of set-up check machine and die for safe operation, and also clean any metal build-up from doors and hood before start up.
- Communicate and work effectively with work-team members and other members of the company.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous Tool & Die experienced is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in an aluminum die-casting environment preferred
- 1 or more years of Crane or Forklift experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly organized, and self-motivated
- Above average time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change
- Problem Solving & Troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate and mechanically inclined
- Strong hand/eye coordination
- Team player, able to work well with others
Indeed - 2 years ago
We are a fully integrated aluminum high pressure die cast and machining organization engaged in the design and manufacture of high quality...