Microserve is looking for a part-time Deployment Technician contractor in Burnaby, operating both from our hardware depot and our client sites. The Deployment Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our client environments. This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals. This position will typically require travel throughout the lower mainland. Preference will be given to individuals available for extended travel throughout BC.
How to Apply:
Visit www.microserve.ca/careers and click Deployment Technician
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Record-keeping and asset management
- Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload
- 1 year of related experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) desired
- Vendor-specific hardware certification considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Must have own vehicle and valid BC driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Must be able to lift heavy printers (up to 50 lbs.) and move boxes for extended periods of time
- This role requires a criminal history background check
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 20 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.