Singspiel is an energetic Toronto-based start-up designing software to help the musical education community. Our current project is trying to solve one of the age old problems in music education: How to make practicing fun?
This position is for a researcher that will be part of software team designing cross-platform software to allow musicians to keep track of their performance during practice as well as share musical knowledge on the integrated social networking platform.
We offer a competitive salary as well as attractive share options. If you are like solving challenging problems, using cutting edge development tools, working in a small dynamic team and having a significant say in company operations then you’ll be a perfect fit!
If you’re interested, send your resume to us, including any papers, sample code, projects or GitHub repositories!
The successful candidate will join the Singspiel team and have a lead role in the development of the score alignment algorithm. The score alignment algorithm is used to align a musician’s performance in audio or MIDI format with a digital music score. This can then be used to determine what a musician played and where a musician made a mistake.
- You will get to play with cool technology like MIDI, machine intelligence and Java FX.
- You will learn hands-on the latest in great UX design and agile development.
- You will work in an amazing startup accelerator with other teams changing the world.
- You will get your ideas heard and have a big impact in the future of this company.
- You will have a senior role in a fast growing company in an even faster growing market.
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP) techniques
- Machine Intelligence techniques: HMMs, dynamic programming
- Digital signals processing: Filter design, frequency domain analysis
- Programming skills: Matlab, Java
- Score alignment\following techniques preferred
- Practical music knowledge, highly preferable