Want to change the world? Why don’t you start with the world of consumer financial services? At Mogo, we think the time is right for a new kind of financial services company. Mogo wants to change this by offering simple financial services that make peoples’ lives better – but we can’t do that without data. If you want to be part of the world-class analytics team that drives our business, this job is for you.
With your expertise in Data Analysis and Reporting and desire to be challenged, you’ll fit right in.
You will have no problem executing the following:
- Interface with business leads to gather requirements and gain a deep-dive understanding of key datasets
- Visualize and structure data so that business people can comprehend it and make informed business decisions
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and dashboards using a modern Business Intelligence platform (such as Japsersoft, or Cognos).
- Work independently as well as part of a team of Analytics specialists.
- Perform QA and testing tasks especially related to data quality.
Your skills and experience:
- University or college degree in computer science, IT or related specialization
- 3+ years experience with advanced SQL scripting and relational databases
- 2+ years experience with iReports report and dashboard development and JasperReports Server (or similar Business Intelligence platforms)
- 2+ years experience with a programming language (Java is preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to get things done
- Strong work-ethic, ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, able to manage and change priorities with little notification while managing multiple projects and able to succeed with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated history and commitment to customer service excellence
- Understanding of Mogo, the industry and key competitors
Extra points for:
- Knowledge of JasperETL/Talend Data integration component
- Knowledge of JasperAnalysis Server (OLAP)
If you fit the bill, send your cover letter and resume to careers at mogo.ca with “Data Analyst / Report Developer” in the subject line.