Based in Toronto, Fidelity Clearing Canada* provides execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.- based firms. The business is part of Fidelity’s U.S.-based clearing organization, National Financial. As of June 30, 2012, National Financial serves nearly 270 broker-dealers representing nearly $410 billion in assets under administration. For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearingcanada.fidelity.com/.
The Credit Risk Specialist is responsible for monitoring and providing analysis on the credit risk of client accounts and activities and ensuring compliance with external regulations and internal FCC policies and procedures. These responsibilities include monitoring client margin and the approval of money and asset movements into and out of client accounts. The incumbent is also responsible for producing regular and ad hoc reporting on margin and credit issues.
- Monitor client account capital usage and ensure timely resolution to any account deficiencies.
- Highlight potential problems and risk accounts to Risk Manager.
- Responsible for regular credit and risk reporting to clients and senior management.
- Monitor and approve money movements into and out of client accounts on an accurate and timely basis.
- Ensure asset movements are completed on an accurate and timely basis and are in accordance with regulatory compliance.
- Monitor activity and exposures in client Futures accounts.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external clients on credit risk issues, asset movements, IIROC regulations, internal policies and general inquiries.
- Provide high quality customer service to internal and external customers. Deliver on client requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Using continuous improvement methodologies continually searches for and takes initiative to improve and/or eliminate ineffective processes to improve customer service or gain efficiencies.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Post secondary degree required, preferably in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field
- Completion of Conduct and Practice Handbook (CPH) and Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in the brokerage industry
- Broad understanding and experience with risk management methodologies, particularly credit risk
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and takes initiative
- Strong Excel / SQL / Access / VBA skills preferred
Interested applicants are required to apply on-line at: www.fidelity.ca/careers
Credit Risk Specialist ( Requisition No: 1301443 )
No inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.