We are actively recruiting Counter balance operators with cross-docking experience, for our client located in Mississauga.
This is potentially a long term opportunity with a leading freight forwarder.
- Counter balance experience required (propane)
- Cross-docking experience required
- Experienced changing a propane tank
- Current Fork lift certificate – by independent testing firm
- Grade 12 Diploma (Diploma or transcripts must be presented at interview)
- Clean criminal background check
- Experience with dangerous goods is desirable but not mandatory
- Basic computer skills and basic math skills – with or without a calculator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Solid work history
- Responsible for transporting freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Verify documentation matches freight description, including, but not limited to type, weight, and hazardous materials, using current electronic and manual system
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not limited to pallets, straps, rope
- Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Perform other duties as required
Shifts: Variety of shifts available.
If you meet all the above requirements, please submit your resume as soon as possible.
Indeed - 5 months ago