Position: Cost Accountant
Location: Ayr, Ontario (Near Cambridge, Kitchener/Waterloo)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8:00AM-4:30PM; Friday 8:00AM-2:00PM
Bend All Automotive Incorporated (BAA) is a leading supplier of Automotive Components and Automation Tool Equipment. BAA supports international customers with leading technology through product design, prototyping, product validation, tool building and a flexible streamlined manufacturing process. Our expertise is not limited to standard forming techniques, but entails the utilization of synchronized manufacturing systems that provide our customers with cost effective and mistake proof solutions.
We are always seeking talented, motivated people to help us grow. We are proud of the quality and workmanship of every part that we supply to our customers.
Primary responsibilities of the Cost Accountant include:
- Assist with month end closing as well as other financial reporting
- Perform financial and variance cost analysis
- Aid in forecasting financial performance and estimate cost impact of design changes
- Ensure costing accuracy, standard labour rates, overhead absorption, BOM’s for multiple international facilities
- Manage, validate, and report inventory levels; coordinate and assist with physical inventory count; partnering with Operations to investigate and resolve variances
- Investigate material cost variances, scrap costs, inventory adjustment, changes in cost allocation practices
- Job management in a job cost environment using ERP, correcting and reporting on variances
- Collaborate with Sales team to establish costing for BOM and new business quotations;
- Responsible for on time filing of NAFTA certifications
- Perform back up reception duties
Qualifications (education & skills required):
- CPA, Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or working towards certification;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with global exposure
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ costing experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of an ERP system; preferably CMS/Solarsoft
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations, to Human Resources. Please quote job title in the subject line. We thank all those who apply and only candidates that we wish to interview will be contacted.