Corporate Trainer/Support Analyst
McLennan Ross LLP, a well established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of support staff who are highly motivated to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time Corporate Trainer/Support Analyst to join our firm.
Our Corporate Trainer/Support Analyst will deliver and develop software training via one on one sessions, remote webinars and classroom to our employees in all locations as well as troubleshoot and provide hands on helpdesk support.
This position will require regular travel to Calgary and Yellowknife based on training needs. As part of a collaborative team, the Corporate Trainer/Support Analyst will work closely with the Systems department to deliver exceptional training and systems support to staff and lawyers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Delivering and developing software training to staff and lawyers in all locations
- Participating in new software and hardware technology implementations
- Updating training and reference materials including online intranet content and user guides
- Proactively presents current and future training needs
- Supplementing helpdesk technical support when not providing training including answering helpdesk calls, responding to e-mail, researching technical issues and working on special projects
- Performing PC imaging, developing and updating the Intranet, assists with office moves, hardware inventory and rotation of new hardware
- Maintaining current technical skills in relevant firm software applications
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong customer service skills and proven ability to listen and respond to employees in a timely manner
- Possesses excellent ability to communicate technical information in simple terms to non-technical staff
- An independent self starter capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time
sensitive projects and priorities.
- Proven ability to handle high pressure situations and interact with various personalities at
all levels in the firm diplomatically
- Is able to make decisions and adapt to changing work situations
- Is a team player and has proven ability to work effectively independently with little supervision
- Proven troubleshooting skills with the ability to handle a full range of complex helpdesk issues
- Is able and willing to take new assignments
- Is willing to work flexible hours to help meet departmental goals
Key Qualifications and Education
Bachelors degree or diploma in information technology or relevant field and/or successful career history in the role of trainer/ helpdesk analyst will be considered.
A minimum of 3 years training experience on new or existing software applications and a minimum of 3 years help desk support experience.
Previous experience in a law firm or legal environment and an understanding of legal documents and procedural requirements is strongly desired.
Working knowledge of Microsoft 2010, Windows 7, Windows 2008 and 2003 servers and previous experience applying updates or patches.
Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- Our proven high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 122220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100