McLennan Ross LLP, a well-established law firm committed to serving the legal needs of Albertans and Northerners, is rated by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of the top ten law firms in Western Canada. Founded over 100 years ago, McLennan Ross has grown today to more than 75 lawyers and an extensive support staff, with offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Yellowknife.
What separates McLennan Ross from other law firms is our ability to see "beyond the law" - recognizing and appreciating how legal difficulties can significantly impact a client's life and their business. Strategic thinking, grounded in a solid understanding of the realities of the business world and basic common sense, is a hallmark of McLennan Ross.
We have a dynamic team of staff who are highly motivated with strong team spirit to provide exceptional support to our lawyers and clients. We are currently recruiting for a full time Corporate Paralegal in our Edmonton office.
Working within a team environment, our Corporate Paralegal is responsible to provide daily paralegal support to our Corporate, Commercial, Security Practice Group including drafting and preparing documents, and composing annual work.
Our ideal candidate will possess junior level corporate paralegal experience, knowledge of corporate law and procedures as well as knowledge of preparing and drafting of a variety of corporate documents including societies and not for profit corporations.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Filing of annual returns
- Completion of Annual Reports as required
- Preparing documentation and transactions for corporate matters
- Respond to daily inquiries from counsel and clients
- Drafting documents relating to incorporation, amalgamations, amendments, and various types of resolutions and minutes
- Further assisting Lawyers/Paralegals in transactions as needed
Our ideal candidate:
- Must be results oriented and demonstrate exceptional time management, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills, good judgement, high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Has excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Capacity to manage many files simultaneously and a proven ability to work under pressure of time, accuracy and constant interruptions
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
Key Qualifications and Education
Diploma in paralegal studies or equivalent combined with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a paralegal role.
Minimum CORES Level 1 accreditation is required (CORES Level 2 and ALF corporate database would be an asset)
Flexibility to work overtime as needed to satisfy business needs.
What you will find at McLennan Ross:
- A highly professional environment that is built on a strong culture and spirit of teamwork
- Flexible work hours, engaging and lively social/staff committee
- One of our key differentiators is the high quality of service and commitment to our clients
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent salary/benefits package, including a matching pension plan and three weeks vacation the first year of employment.
Qualified and talented candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including career highlights that demonstrate a strong fit to our requirements to:
McLennan Ross, Human Resources
600, 12220 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y4
Fax: (780) 482-9100