Southern Interior Region (SIR) - Cranbrook Office
Temporary Full Time / 37.5 hours per week
(8 months contract)
Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 12 to 24-hour fundraising event that brings communities together to celebrate life and fight cancer. Relay has a festival-like atmosphere that families, friends and co-workers can enjoy regardless of age or fitness level!
The position works to pro-actively identify potential teams, leadership volunteers and sponsors for Relay For Life and coach team captains and participants in best-practice fundraising techniques in order to meet fundraising targets to achieve the organization’s mission: to eradicate cancer and enhance the lives of people living with, and thriving beyond, cancer.
The Coordinator, Relay For Life has the following accountabilities under the day to day supervision of the Team Lead, Community Giving.
1. Identifies prospects for new teams, volunteers, and sponsors based on strategic priorities identified for each event
- Conducts research for new teams and make cold calls to prospective businesses, organizations and groups to arrange in-person presentations and meetings.
- Identifies and recruits new leadership volunteers and sponsors as needed.
- Tracks moves and outcomes from prospecting efforts on events assigned and provides follow-up as needed.
2. Acts as liaison with volunteers and delivers fundraising support to currently registered teams, participants, and survivors
- Delivers fundraising coaching to team captains and participants through one-on-one phone calls and emails.
- Responds to general inquiries as needed.
3. Manages development cycle of prospects, provides logistical and administrative support to regional Community Giving staff as required
- Uses online tools – Convio, Raiser’s Edge and Volunteer Impact – to ensure the development cycle is accurately captured and up-to-date.
- Assists the Community Giving team with event management activities.
- Assists the Community Giving team with administrative activities related to Relay.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated ability to identify prospects through cold-calling and research.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage objections.
3. Customer focus with ability to interact with event participants, staff, donors, and volunteers.
4. Ability to translate CCS mission through different communication methods (i.e. phone, email and in-person).
5. Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage relationship data in online solutions such as Convio, Raiser’s Edge and Volunteer Impact.
8. Intermediate skills with MS Office.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
10. Ability to contribute in a team environment.
11. Highly motivated and empathic individual that embraces CCS values.
12. Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
13. Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Related post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
2. At least three years of sales and/or prospecting experience.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than November 1, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: