Kelowna or Penticton Office
18.75 hours per week
The Coordinator, Community Giving is accountable for coordinating the community fundraising efforts within the Region through the application of the operational plan and by recruiting, cultivating and sustaining volunteer relationships and community presence to achieve the regional fundraising goals.
1. Facilitates the development and implementation of the Region’s community fundraising events
- Oversees the implementation of events in the region
- Assists with implementing and monitoring the system for all key indicators as identified by the Division office, and ensures that all communities are on track to reach their goal.
- Updates Regional Director on any challenges in meeting goals and works with the Functional Managers to identify contingency plans where required.
- Provides on-going training, support, opportunity, and enthusiastic leadership to community fundraising Steering Committee(s), Donors, Teams, Survivors and Volunteers.
- Proactively works to meet budgeted revenue targets and ensures that budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- Ensures that the all risk management practices have been implemented including the health and safety manual and crisis communication phone lists.
- Attends committee meetings, kickoffs and events as time allows while ensuring they are modeling work-life balance.
2. Assists to coordinate Revenue Development activities for the Region
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive relations with local internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of Regional Development activities.
- Seeks local partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the Region’s Revenue Development activities.
- Engages in effective recruitment, selection, orientation, training, regular upgrading and recognition of volunteers in support of Regional Revenue Development activities.
- Ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Division or National standards.
- Identifies local opportunities for cross promotion between Regional programs and Revenue Development activities.
- Maintains the integrity of the Regional Revenue Development database (Raiser’s Edge) by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of all activities as prescribed and directed by the Revenue Development Team Lead and applicable indirect reports.
- As required, provides logistical and operational support to Revenue Development.
3. Facilitates the development and engagement of corporate and donors in their local assigned area(s)
- Working within the corporate relations strategy for the region, identifies potential donors and where assigned, develops and maintains relationships with the intent to engage their participation in various revenue development opportunities
- Acts as the relationship manager for relationships developed in the region to ensure they are aligned with the revenue development plan.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Fundraising/Sales experience
- Experience with prospect identification
- Comfortable pitching, presenting & cold-calling
- Experience motivating and coaching fundraisers an asset
2. Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience with handling conflict, collaboration, delegation, meeting facilitation, providing feedback, coaching
3. Community Engagement
- Comfortable networking and engaging business and community leaders
4. Relationship Building
- Strong communication skills with volunteers, sponsors and community stakeholders
5. Event Coordination
- A strong understanding of implementation & evaluation of event best practices
6. Knowledge of the volunteer recruitment cycle including recruitment, orientation, delegation, empowerment and recognition.
7. Excellent problem-solving skills.
8. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software would be an asset.
9. Ability to contribute in a team environment.
10.Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
11.Ability to work a flexible schedule that will allow evening and weekend work with some travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. One to two years’ experience in revenue development, project management, or related field such as sales or marketing.
2. Experience working with teams in a matrix organizational structure.
3. Certificate/Diploma from a recognized fund raising program is an asset.
4. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is desirable.
5. Experience working with volunteers, with demonstrated ability to inspire and empower volunteers.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than Wednesday, September 18, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: