Greater Vancouver Area (GVA)
Regular Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
The Coordinator, Community Giving is accountable for coordinating the community fundraising efforts within the Region through the application of the integrated operational plan and by recruiting, cultivating and sustaining volunteer relationships and community presence to achieve the regional fundraising goals.
1. Facilitates the development and implementation of the Region’s community fundraising events
- Oversees the implementation of events in the region
- Assists with implementing and monitoring the system for all key indicators as identified by the Division office, and ensures that all communities are on track to reach their goal.
- Updates the Director, Community Giving on any challenges in meeting goals
- Works with the Director, Community Giving to identify contingency plans where required.
- Ensures that all community events are volunteer-driven/staff-supported by modeling the ideal staff/volunteer relationship.
- Provides on-going support, opportunity, and enthusiastic leadership to community fundraising Steering Committee(s), Donors, Teams, Survivors and Volunteers.
- Proactively works to meet budgeted revenues targets and ensures that budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- Ensures that the all risk management practices have been implemented including the health and safety manual and crisis communication phone lists.
- Attends committee meetings, kickoffs and events as time allows while ensuring they are modeling work-life balance.
2. Assists to coordinate Revenue Development activities for the Region
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive relations with local internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of Regional Development activities.
- Seeks local partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the Region’s Revenue Development activities.
- Engages in effective recruitment, selection, orientation, training, regular upgrading and recognition of volunteers in support of Regional Revenue Development activities.
- Ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Division or National standards.
- Identifies local opportunities for cross promotion between Regional programs and Revenue Development activities.
- Maintains the integrity of the Regional Revenue Development database (Raiser’s Edge) by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of all activities as prescribed and directed by the Revenue Development Team Lead and applicable indirect reports.
- As required, provides logistical and operational support to Revenue Development.
3. Facilitates the development and engagement of corporate and donors in their local assigned area(s)
- Working within the corporate relations strategy for the region, identifies potential donors and where assigned, develops and maintains relationships with the intent to engage their participation in various revenue development opportunities
- Acts as the relationship manager for relationships developed in the region to ensure they are aligned with the revenue development plan.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of Divisional strategic initiatives, policies and goals.
2. Knowledge of revenue development activities/initiatives of other organizations.
3. Experience with public relations or media campaigns an asset.
4. Knowledge of the volunteer recruitment cycle including recruitment, orientation, delegation, empowerment and recognition.
5. Knowledge of community economic, political and socio-cultural conditions.
6. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to coach or mentor others.
8. A predisposition to customer service.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to understand and work with complex issues.
11. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement.
12. Excellent skill and ease working with computers and other business machines and tools.
13. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software would be an asset.
14. Ability to contribute in a team environment.
15. Ability to develop and cultivate community partnerships and relationships;
16. Experience working with diverse groups and community leaders.
17. Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
18. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details are necessary attributes.
19. Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
20. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will allow evening and weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. One to two years’ experience in revenue development, project management, or related field such as sales or marketing.
2. Experience working with teams in a matrix organizational structure.
3. Certificate/Diploma from a recognized fund raising program is an asset.
4. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is desirable.
5. Experience working with volunteers, with demonstrated ability to inspire and empower volunteers.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than September 27, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: