Woodbine Entertainment Group currently has an opportunity available for a full – time, hourly Cook.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and cooking all items required for the daily menu, (hot, cold and buffet, ala carte)
- Finishing menu items from a raw or basic/pre-finished state.
- Beginning and completing preparation work as required.
- Assisting in the control and over production of food.
- Ensuring the proper handling of food storage.
Basic job requirements include:
- Completed apprenticeship and attained Food Safety Certificate (attained within the last two years)
- Experience working with Asian cuisine
- Minimum 3-4 years related work experience
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
This is a full-time, hourly position based out of Woodbine Racetrack. The hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Indeed - 20 months ago
With roots dating back to 1881, Woodbine Entertainment Group has emerged as a leader in Canada’s entertainment industry.