Woodbine Entertainment Group currently has an opportunity available for a full – time, hourly Cook.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and cooking all items required for the daily menu, (hot, cold and buffet, ala carte)
- Finishing menu items from a raw or basic/pre-finished state.
- Beginning and completing preparation work as required.
- Assisting in the control and over production of food.
- Ensuring the proper handling of food storage.
Basic job requirements include:
- Completed apprenticeship and attained Food Safety Certificate (attained within the last two years)
- Experience working with Asian cuisine
- Minimum 3-4 years related work experience
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
This is a full-time, hourly position based out of Woodbine Racetrack. The hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
With roots dating back to 1881, Woodbine Entertainment Group has emerged as a leader in Canada’s entertainment industry.