Our Client, an international company established in 1936, has been serving Canadian families for the past 30 years as an industry leader in their class. This company through professional development, training and education is dedicated to helping their employees succeed and reach their goals. They value employee contribution and invest in the future of each member. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager.
Reporting to and under the general supervision of the Director, Accounting in the U.S., this role has primary responsibility for the accounting and reporting activities of the Canadian accounting department including the supervision of the monthly closing of financial systems, preparing monthly financial statements, monitoring of spending variances, lead the preparation of the annual budget, and perform and communicate monthly forecasts. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the reporting and compliance of all sales and use tax, and general accounting activities for the Canadian business with revenues of approximately 60 million dollars. This role will appeal to a collaborative leader who promotes a team atmosphere that is engaging and motivational.
- Ensure the timely and accurate periodic financial closes and the preparation of operating and financial reports for management. This would include:
- Completion/review of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analysis and investigation of variances to plan and prior year.
- Review and preparation of journal entries.
- Preparation of financial statements and related reporting.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of 5-7 finance personnel located at two production facilities - performance management (coaching, feedback, appraisal, training, and development) staffing and employee relations.
- Support the Canadian Leadership team, Plant Manager and other department heads with ad hoc reporting, variance analysis and financial modeling.
- Prepare monthly forecasts-Assist with preparation of monthly forecast financial statements, balance sheet account reconciliation preparation and review, analysis and investigation of variances and management of year-end audit.
- Oversee year-end financial close process including preparation of financial statements, balance sheet account reconciliation preparation and review, analysis and investigation of variances and management of year- end audit.
- Assist management in preparation of department budgets and prepare the annual financial plan.
- Safeguard corporate assets and ensure accuracy of financial reporting through modification and oversight of financial controls.
- Maintain Lawson Financial Computer System. Develop reporting using the Lawson system.
- Ensure proper accounting and remittance of Canadian taxes and manage all audits.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CMA or CGA designation preferred
- Minimum of eight years related experience within the manufacturing or distribution industry, including supervisory experience
- Well developed knowledge and expertise with financial systems, theories and practices
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Intermediate level Microsoft excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you have the professionalism, integrity and desire to succeed in this role and are interested in this growth opportunity please forward your resume to Linda Beaudry through Indeed or call (204) 336-6246.
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...