Our client, a well established and privately held organization with its head office located in Calgary is searching for a Controller to lead the day-to–day financial management of the organization, while assisting with continual growth, company performance and financial stability. Reporting to the President, the Controller will be an integral part of the senior management team, be responsible for providing sound financial and business advice, as well as implement and develop financial controls that will achieve a high level of accuracy and effectiveness throughout the organization. In addition, this individual will be responsible for leading and directing a cohesive team, in providing strategic direction and guidance to ensure work is completed as required while striving for continuous improvement in systems, process and policies.
This role will appeal to an individual who enjoys building solid relationships with colleagues, vendors and customers through trust, integrity, hard work and creditability. If you are a progressive, confident and visionary leader who enjoys participating at all levels of the organization we would like to hear from you.
- Ensure proper systems and controls are in place to effectively capture transactions and safeguard assets
- Create and maintain a high performance environment with positive leadership and strong team orientation
- Conduct month end financial analysis including financial statement review and inventory control
- Monitor financial performance of all properties and provide guidance where required
- Supervision and performance management of all accounting and administrative staff
- Evaluate and improve systems, accounting processes and internal controls
- Manage all aspects of the IT systems and risk management
- Prepare all audit documents and coordinate annual external audit activities
- Responsible for tax planning and tax compliance
- Financial budget preparation and cash flow projections
- Oversee the company’s financial account policies and procedures and ensure they are in accordance with sound business practice of internal control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ( GAAP)
- Responsible for tax planning strategy to maximize tax effectiveness, tax filings and audits for all corporate entities
- Develop and maintain financial systems and reports to provide both a historical and forward looking view of the financial status of the company, while providing information to allow fact based decision making
- Preparation of government reports
- Manage all legal, franchise and contracts for the corporation and participate in the negotiations with suppliers and vendors
- Responsible for overseeing the Human Resources department
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in business, finance or related field of study
- Accounting designation (CGA, CMA or CA) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of mid to senior level accounting and reporting experience
- Highly skilled professional accountant with a broad, cross section of experience that includes a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Canadian GAAP, financial reporting, budgeting, internal controls, accounting policies, procedures and tax
- Experience working in a multi-location and multi-entity corporate structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and financial management experience
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Recognized as a leader who brings continual value to the organization
- Highly motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills, particularly in the areas of initiative, mentorship, coaching, influence and change management
This role will appeal to an inquisitive and motivated accounting professional with a strong business acumen, who enjoys getting involved in the business, has excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, and is very energetic. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our clients...