MNP is one of the largest chartered accountancy and business consulting firms in Canada. For more than 65 years, we have proudly served and responded to the needs of our mid-market clients in the public and private sectors. Staying true to our values and entrepreneurial spirit, our people remain the driving force behind our success. For the fifth consecutive year, MNP has been recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada by Maclean’s magazine. Work for a firm that works for you.
We are looking for a full-time Analyst/Consultant to join our Red Deer Farm Management Consulting, able to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Farm Management and Consulting Services to primary agricultural clients, Hutterian Brethren, agribusiness clients, and other industry bodies like commodity associations and government. The work includes a strong focus on short and long-range planning, succession planning, business analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving. Successfully maintaining on-going positive relations with clients and a demonstrated ability to lead and direct teams will ensure that MNP standards are maintained. Fast-track opportunities to manager, senior manager, and partner are available for the right individual.
Specific activities include:
- The analysis of client business information, including enterprise analysis
- Development of financial and production plans for clients
- The preparation of business plans for major changes and new farm ventures
- Facilitating and reporting on succession planning with farm families
- Data entry into proprietary spreadsheet analysis tools
- Research supporting industry related consulting projects
Responsibilities may also include but are not limited to:
- Management of existing and development of potential client relationships.
- Presentations to industry and interest groups
- Collaboration with other MNP team members in providing client solutions including accountants, tax specialists and management consultants
- Preparation of proposals and bids for specific projects
- Business correspondence and communications
- Some travel within Alberta will be required
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Agricultural degree or experience equivalent to this
- Interest in obtaining PAg
- Strong spreadsheet skills and knowledge
- Strong industry knowledge ideally covering both crops and livestock
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment either as a leader or as a team member
- An understanding of financial statements and financial analysis
- Ability to write business reports and letters
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Our Total Rewards package, including flexible work schedules, a pension plan, flexible benefits, generous vacation leave, and professional development and training, is designed to reward success. Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience. We encourage a healthy balance between life and work and offer superb lifestyle choices that suit the way you work - and play!
Please apply at the following website: https://mnp-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=259
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.